Key Steps for Developing a Good Software
Developing a software is a challenging task, specially when your clients can not understand the process and the efforts required to develop a proper solution. The following blog post will help you understand what are the key steps you need to take in order to give your client the best solution possible.
In order to better analyze and develop a proper system, first of all you need to understand what is the market demand for a software solution? The golden feature that every client is looking for is; A fully developed and tested solution, according to their requirements in less time, less budget and top quality and thus that should be a common goal between you and your client.
Therefore, a great workflow will help you achieve the common goal. A good workflow shall definitely have the following steps considered;
- Requirement Gathering: A detailed information gathering within the scope of the modules described at your contract or ToR.
- Brainstorming & Prototype: After the requirement gathering stage the requirements needs to be brainstormed and you will need to create a prototype of the platform for the client and prepare a demo of what the fully developed software will look like.
- Presentation and Feedback: Once you are done with the prototype, present the final structure to the client and get necessary feedback regarding the platform.
- Coding & Testing: After the prototype is approved by the client, enter the coding stage and start development of the project focusing on one step at a time and consider meeting the client in weekly basis to demo the software and what have been done so far for the client and get necessary feedback, in order to keep the client in loop and avoid any misunderstanding in requirements.
- Training & Implementation: Once you are done with all of the coding and application is built train the stuff for on job and make sure your software engineers are also be available a few days more for implementing the project, being among the groups of end users in order to help them use the system.
- Operation & Maintenance: As soon as the software is ready to operate and the clients are trained at “Training & Implementation” stage, consider providing maintenance services for a specific period of time, in order to make sure your solution is helping your client in its best way possible.
A good software company will always put the clients first and focus on the best approaches in order to build a good software for the customers.